Unknown

“Come quickly, I am tasting the stars!” - Dom Perignon

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gurgaon Chronicles Part Four

As I grudgingly give up my position as a beached whale with a Caprioska (my new favourite drink), I’ve decided to update my blog.

My vacation chronicled in my Facebook ‘Status Updates’ has been imported below with additional details and modifications.

Day 0: Attention all Status Update Readers and Profile Snoopers: "Gurgaon Chronicles Part Four" commences tonight and will be henceforth referred to as "GG Ch IV" :-)

Day 1: Flight jinx broken + A hyperactive, restless and surprisingly excited B + Galauti Kebab + Kakori Kebab + Roomali Roti + Phirnee + Shimmying into the new apartment (B’s new pride and joy) + Proceeding to tidy up the partially messy apartment (I display OCB)= A rather tired, full and happy Polo

Day 2: Lazying around the house (Woke up for the first time at 12pm) + Mutton Curry (courtesy Hughe House) + An impending trip to Ambience Mall = Eggjited Polo

Day 2: Avatar 3D was OK (Why are all of James Cameron's lead actors disappointing?) + Retail in Ambience Mall proved disappointing (Shoe Hunting was annoying with the lack of choice) + Wine and Cheese at home + Freezing ass off + Gobbling down the best Plum Cake ever = ‘Really bugged at not having bought the new shoes’ Polo (Oh and Merry Xmas to all!)

Day 3: Sarson ka Saag and Makki ki Roti at Sadabahar Dhaba (Mouthwateringly and Mind numbingly YUM!) + Loittering in Ambience Mall again (Still hunting for that perfect pair of shoes) + Purchase of new fridge for B’s new pad (Haier) + Fresh Raspberries & Strawberries + Football Night = Lazy Polo

Day 4: GK 1 M Block Market (New silver shoes, black wrap top, woolen stockings) + Lovely Drive back home + Green Tea + Grocery Shopping + Functioning New Fridge + Me cooking Egg Curry (Please wish the boys eating the best of luck) + One more Football Night (rolls eyes)= Comfortably Numb Polo

Day 5: Playing 'House House' for real + Catching up on college work + I hate Mondays even during vacation + Me cooking Bhindi Masala and Chicken Curry + Discovery of Fauji Dhaba (For the rotis I could not make) + J & V appreciating my cooking = Earlier Annoyed and Oddly Proud Polo

Day 6: Waking up to a freezing morning + Trip to Select City Walk Mall, Saket + Lunch with favourite cousin at Big Chill (Bacon Risotto is must try) + Chocolate packed afternoon with B + Awaiting the first wave of the Madras Punters (Buubee and Jeetu, Whine and Mrs Whine, Panzy and Italiano Babe) = Really Full Polo *BURP*

Day 7: Drunken night + Disturbed sleep + Grumpy B and Tubs + Lunch @ Sadabahar Dhaba + Inauguration of the 'Surprise' (B’s latest pride and joy-PS3 Slim & Golf Clubs) + Second wave of the Madras Punters (the Female Bheda and the Bird) + Freshly brewed beer at Rockman's + New anniversary present (Whoopie!) = Polo with high expectations :-)

Day 8: An acidic Polo eating Cerelac + Visit to the friendly, neighbourhood doctor + Receipt of Harvinder, The Monkey as a 'Get well fast' gift from B + The use of B's latest prized possessions + Girrafe Dress gets an opening night + Barbeque + DJ Digweed from Noida & DJ Dave Seaman from Gurgaon + The Male Bheda surprised Female Bheda + HAPPY NEW YEAR (with a bang) = A Happily Pooped Polo

Day 9: Tummy much better + Third wave of the Madras Punters (Faggy, Chotu, Pukka, Kula Shaker and their respectives with Pretty Boy and Nits) + Hopeful for the exchange of gifts today + Full on Galata Nite (With an extremely drunk B) = ‘Cranky as a result of lack of sleep’ Polo

Day 10: The Wedding Day!!!! (Vivek & Judy) :-)

Day 11: The end of a fabulous vacation with a cancelled flight + A ridiculously delayed 2nd flight + A temporary bid adieu to B + Stuck in airport for three hours with the Madras Punters leaving before me + Frozen Kebabs melting in bag + Memory of things left behind at B’s apartment + An overload of assignments waiting for me when I get back + Outcome of my mid semester results (the only thing remotely pleasant) = A extremely annoyed and tired Polo

Day 12: END of Gurgaon Chronicles Part IV and the Beginning of yet another END! 2010 looks intimidating so far.

Now that I have successfully rubbed your lovely faces in with a brief account of my rather fantastic vacation (even if it was in ‘Jaggery Village’), I shall proceed to wish you, my beloved readers, a very “Happy New Year”. And for those who might smite me as a result of this post, you can revel in the fact that I have returned to Mumbai with a truck load of fat around my midriff.

Till you read me again,
xoxo
P

5 comments:

  1. :D the happiness,the rejuvenation is palpable.

    luv,

    t :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome your first comment, my ardent reader, on my first post of the year with a :-) and a doughnut from M.O.D.!

    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. what games came along with the PS3? and What clubs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mihir - I have a vague idea. But not sure.
    Games - Oblivion. And something.
    Clubs - Some stick like things.
    (I better ask him before he disowns me)

    ReplyDelete